Monday, June 1, 2009

Tuesday, Part 1

The weather was gorgeous yesterday so we went to Prospect of Whitby on the Thames, and sat outside. I know I had Old Speckled Hen. At least two. Then other beer. All delicious.

Today: chilly and cloudy. Ick. I only, barely, have three friends here, so I have to space them out. No one I know is coming to visit this week, probably because I left Chicago unexpectedly just three days ago. This means...sigh...I have to keep myself occupied.

Ponies. I love them. They're my theme for the next two or three days. Tomorrow I'm renting a car, and driving to the town Tavistock, in Devon, to see the Dartmoor ponies. I've visited before, years ago. The place is a Hollywood movie set--ponies gamboling about, and little lambs and goats napping in the road. I'll be as far removed as possible from working, thinking about work, finding work, despising work. It's an idyllic no-work zone.




Maybe I'll stop in other towns also. I'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment